glzgfraf

Moderator: Angel

Eddie

Scientific Atlanta

Post by Eddie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm the guy here that seems to solve problems, but I have a problem with a DVR that has been driving me nuts. SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA. What the hell are these things good for, except paperweights? Seriously, I've gone through a half dozen of these boxes and they always mess up. BTW I have Cox Cable.

I heard they were bought out by Cisco a few years ago, but they are still producing crap!

Here are some of my problems:

• recorded HD channels are sometimes pixelated, or broken up
  • the sound is somethings off from the picture
  • sometimes the picture freezes
  • sometimes the DVR stops responding and needs a phone call to Cox to fix
  • I can't record shows passed their timeslot. So if I want to record from 9PM to 10:05, it will only let me record from 9-10 because of the time slot.
  • It constantly cycles on and off while I'm sleeping and the machine is off and there's nothing recording! Why?!

These are common occurrences!
--
Eddie

djrhemi
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Scientific Atlanta

Post by djrhemi » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:22 am

Not an expert on S.A. equipment specifically, and this post is old, but do you still have these issues?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Scientific Atlanta

Post by grayfox » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:12 pm

I did not know this was that common, I do not have a SA DVR but i researched around after reading your reply and it seems nobody likes these but thanks to the boatload order COX and other companies placed, even after SA is no longer a co. they are still distributing these "paperweights" :lol:
ImageUnit Foxhound

KimfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

glzgfraf

Post by KimfUp » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:24 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”