nxqfjdjc

Moderator: Angel

tripleb52
Contributor
Contributor

HL-P5063 shuts off -standby/temp light on constant

Post by tripleb52 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:47 pm

OK here it is. My sammy hlp5063 shuts off whenever it wants. The indicator lights do not flash. The only light on is the standby/temp light which is always on when the TV is off. TV usually fires right back up but continues to shut down at odd times. Took it apart today and cleaned the thing out while grabbing some part numbers for the ballast, the main power supply, and also the auxillary power supply. So the question of the day is...which one is causing my problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HL-P5063 shuts off -standby/temp light on constant

Post by Jason1976 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:59 am

I had issues with one of these!
some times it would work for 2 hours sometimes it would work for 5 or so on and then shut off and here it had bad solder joints in the power supply. If you don't know anything about soldering then you may want to try a new power supply. The power supply on this model should be behind the annalog board.

Moofus12
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Moofus12 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:16 pm

You have mentioned these bad solder joints in the power supply in a number of places. I was having this problem (random shut downs) for a while. I recently replaced the color wheel (screaming) and the TV worked fine for 4-5 weeks. Then the lamp would not light. I have replaced the lamp and ballast with no luck. Could this be my issue? The rest of TV lights up ok. Where would I look for these solder joints on a HLP5663W? The color wheel is not turning.

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Post by Jason1976 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Moofus12 wrote:You have mentioned these bad solder joints in the power supply in a number of places. I was having this problem (random shut downs) for a while. I recently replaced the color wheel (screaming) and the TV worked fine for 4-5 weeks. Then the lamp would not light. I have replaced the lamp and ballast with no luck. Could this be my issue? The rest of TV lights up ok. Where would I look for these solder joints on a HLP5663W? The color wheel is not turning.
you could of bought a bad color wheel it has to turn before your lamp comes on. it could even be a bad power supply. my set had bad solder joints in the power supply.

DenfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

nxqfjdjc

Post by DenfUp » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:58 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”