rvnehdvc

Moderator: Angel

mikeyt81

JVX HD-52G887AA lamp problems?

Post by mikeyt81 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:17 pm

hey my tv went down a couple days ago...havent really messed with it yet but the lamp light and power button flash rapidly, but there is no sound...been told that if it was the lamp that i would still have sound?..i have nothing besides the two lights blinking. Also, you can hear a noise coming from where the lamp is mounted inside the tv while trying to power up..then nothing happens. Not an audio noise..like its trying to turn on or something. So i took the lamp out and it has loose glass inside of it but otherwise looks good...so i imagine its blown?..and if its blown why dont i have sound, like ive been told i would? I've tried unplugging and leeting sit for a while then retrying it but same thing..also my lamp replacement timer went off a while back but it just finally quit...would this be the lamp?..even though i dont have sound either?

ty for any help...much appreciated

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: JVX HD-52G887AA lamp problems?

Post by Crowell » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:49 pm

There are two ways a lamp expires, one is when the picture on the tv starts to get dimmer & dimmer, until you only hear audio, then it shuts off completely. The other is when the lamp implodes & since it stops working immediately the lamp sensor detects an anomaly to the DMD board and shuts the TV off for security reasons. Remember that a functioning lamp dose not have any looks glass inside so your bulb is definitely blow, you’ll have to replace it.
Knowledge is the one true power

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

rvnehdvc

Post by Wimlok » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:55 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”