kcayboaf

Moderator: Angel

DFRICK
Contributor
Contributor

SAMSUNG HR-L 5667WAX/XAA ISSUES

Post by DFRICK » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:05 pm

My problem is, the TV (HL-R 5667 WAX/XAA) goes into a still frame (you can still hear sound) then goes to a black screen and then the picture returns. None of the Timer, Temp or Stand by Lamp in the front blink when it goes through this process. Activating the (TV) menu button does not work nor does any of the buttons on the remote. Sometimes this is very quick or it can last a few minutes. I have changed the lamp and reset the hours. I have also checked the fan, ballast and can hear the color wheel spin. The HD picture is perfect for the cable card and all channels on the Satellite box. My low channels (2 to 71) on the cable card are green, horizontal lines jumping and picture can barely be seen. I have a Satellite TV box connected (HDMI cable) and cable TV using a cable card. Sometimes when a channel has banner top of screen after the channel removes the banner I am left with an outline of the banner that is oblique. I also get a card like object that has a index tab and is oblique on the screen. The only way to remove these oblique objects is to unplug the TV.

I would appreciate some insight. Thanks in advance,

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SAMSUNG HR-L 5667WAX/XAA ISSUES

Post by Angel » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi DFRICK.

Sounds like a problem with the DMD board.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

DFRICK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DFRICK » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:11 pm

More clues any help will be appreciated.
Attachments
P1.JPG
P1.JPG (144.92 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
P3.JPG
P3.JPG (163.92 KiB) Viewed 2274 times

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Post by Jason1976 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:56 pm

the digital board can also cause this. look at the fix for the HRL5067w from what I am reading the hrl5667wax used the same digital board as the HRL5067wax/xaa. if you dont want to try the digital board. you can buy it from http://www.ued.net/ued/addItems.do?item ... P94-02084A make sure the part number matches but I am sure it's the right one. this is a common issue with these sets. It's not the first time I saw the green screen. if you uplug the tv and wait so long and plug it back in it will also go back to normal. you can also check out http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/samsung/ other people there had this issue.

the reason why its not the dmd board is your onscreen programing comes up good. if you put on PIP it will also show the PIP normal.

SuefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

kcayboaf

Post by SuefUp » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:29 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”