weflwhob

Moderator: Angel

jaeziro
Contributor
Contributor

HELP gray vertical 12" band right side, top to bot

Post by jaeziro » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:00 am

For almost a year, I've had a gray stripe from top to bottom of screen on right side. At first is was only a couple inches but it has now expanded to about a 12 inches.

Any ideas on what this is and if it can be fixed? I am a newbie and will probably need to call a tech person to repair but want to have some knowledge so i don't get totally ripped off.

HL-S5087W samsung DLP TV is only 6 years old, has never been moved. Please help.

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: HELP gray vertical 12" band right side, top to bot

Post by BYO » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi,

This is something related with the DLP Chip, you need to replace it or replace the DMD Board or the whole light engine system. A lot of technicians what usually do is to change the whole light engine and it might cost you about $500-700 USD for just the part. But most likely you just need to change the DLP Chip and you can get that directly from Samsung (they sale the spare part since they know this part has issues):

Part # 4719-001969:
http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Pa ... l=HLS5087W

Just make sure you are ordering the right item since apparently your TV has 2 versions of this part

Part # 4719-001999 (discontinued)
http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Pa ... l=HLS5087W

If you want to get a good tech, go to www.tvrepairpros.com and input your zip code, it will give you all the available certified technicians by NESDA. Give them a call to get quotation on installation of the DLP Chip.

Hope this info works for you!! :mrgreen:
Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see.

jaeziro
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HELP gray vertical 12" band right side, top to bot

Post by jaeziro » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Thanks BYO:

I am, unfortunately, a newbie and not skilled at this electronic stuff. I have the name of the local repair shop from the link you listed.

How will i know if it is only the chip and not the whole board? For $500-$700 just for the part plus the labor charges, I probably should just buy a new tv.

Thanks for your help. I do wish i could do this myself but I have NO clue. I am attempting to NOT get ripped off cause I am not informed.

AshfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

weflwhob

Post by AshfUp » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:54 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”