jxsiaquo

Moderator: Angel

johnnylong
Contributor
Contributor

dlp

Post by johnnylong » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:33 am

i posted earlier that my dlp Model# HLN617wx/xaa had light flashing on the screen kind of like a old horror pictures special effects for lightning. Upon closer inspection i have realized it does it only in bright scenes. Could this be the color wheel? please help me!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: dlp

Post by grayfox » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:01 am

Hello,
I think this is most likely an issue with your ballast, this is the second most common problem with RPTVs and it is one of the consumable parts that need replacement at least once during a projection TVs life span. Weak ballasts can ignite an older more “spent” lamp since the mercury quantity might be lower, but has problems when it is replaced with a new mercury rich lamp. A sure way to diagnose this problem is an electronic “arching” sound emitted during ignition, like a buzzing, that is the sound of the ballast not being able to generate the 15kv needed to ignite the lamp. Another indicator is the lamp error code, since the lamp is not igniting, TV automatically believes this is an issue with the lamp, unfortunately it has no sensor for the ballast!
ImageUnit Foxhound

JanefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

jxsiaquo

Post by JanefUp » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:47 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”