lhlogdge

Moderator: Angel

SamsungJF
Contributor
Contributor

Test Ballast Board?

Post by SamsungJF » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:10 am

Hello All,
Is there any test i can perform on the ballast board when it is out of the TV? I've been searching but haven't found anything yet. I tested the voltage while it was in the set and I was getting 382V.
My color whell spins, ok
My lamp has continuity, ok

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Test Ballast Board?

Post by grayfox » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:46 pm

hello,
I have to strongly recommend against testing the ballast since the output for ignition is of around 15 K volts and it can damage your equipment. Do you have a Toshiba television? those are the only DLPs with a continuity in their DC lamps, other brands use an AC lamp that should have no continuity because of an arch gap in the ignition chamber, there might be something wrong with your lamp if it is not a DC lamp or your multimeter is malfunctioning.
ImageUnit Foxhound

SamsungJF
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Test Ballast Board?

Post by SamsungJF » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Pepe,
I have Samsung HLN5065WX. Yes I realize from the Ballast to the lamp is more voltage than my multimeter can handle.
I was wondering if there were any continuity test that I can perform to backup my thoughts of a bas ballast.
The brown and blue wire from CN1 has 382V from the power board. On a side note my original lamp was broken inisde.
Are you telling me testing for continuity across the lamp connections on the lamp are not conclusive?

What do you suggest at this point.
My color wheel does spin also I see the startup spark as well

UgofUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

lhlogdge

Post by UgofUp » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:11 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”