bnywkbbuih

Moderator: Angel

marcelo
Contributor
Contributor

No Image On Television Set

Post by marcelo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Well , it started with a pop noise when turned on; after a while the image went away, 3 LCD lights blinking. I've unplugged the television set and waited for about 10 minutes , plugged it back in , and the picture/image would come back. A few times repeated action until there was no more picture., I changed the bulb , it came on for a few minutes for a few times,. but then it went out/blank. Once Again , There are 3 lights blinking. It sounds like it wants to start but it doesn't, it just gives out , . Now I have unplugged it and plugged it back in , and I get no picture at all . All there is , is a sound coming from the back , and it cuts/turns off by itself and turns back on . If anyone could give me advice on how to solve this problem, it would be greatly appreciated . Thank you .
Sincerely,
--marcelo

techmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No Image On Television Set

Post by techmaster » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:31 pm

Please tell us the make and model of your set. Alos...when you replaced the lamp was it the ORIGINAL OEM lamp or just some imitation replacement as IT DOES MATTER.
Good luck with your repair!

Bill H
"Techmaster"

Plasma, LCD, LED, Projection & DLP PARTS SOURCE

For hard to find parts, great prices and over 25yrs of
experience in the Tv Repair Industry...search here
first!

http://www.TvPartsPlus.com

marcelo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marcelo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Well , I'm not sure if its the original lamp. All I Know Is That It Is An OSRAM P-VIP-120-132/1.0E22h && that it is made in China; but I have a question .. since the picture came back for a few minutes, could it be a problem with the ballast or the color wheel ? I do hear a zooming sound in the back (not that loud, but steady).
Thank you .
- marcelo finfera

marcelo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marcelo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:36 pm

By the way the model of my T.V. is a Samsung HLT4675SX/XAA, Part Number : BP96-01653A-B . Also , I purchased the bulb from www.quickshipway.com
-- marcelo finfera

techmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by techmaster » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:58 pm

The OSRAM bulbs are typically a perfect match replacement however...like everything, there is a possibility that this new lamp you purchased is defective. But I think I would first check the lamp door SWITCH position as this has been an issue for quite some time. You will also want to look at the Ballast to see if you can spot any capacitor(s) which may appear to be bloated on the TOP (like bulging) is this is the case then you will have to replace both the Ballast and the SMPS board. Hope this helps.
Good luck with your repair!

Bill H
"Techmaster"

Plasma, LCD, LED, Projection & DLP PARTS SOURCE

For hard to find parts, great prices and over 25yrs of
experience in the Tv Repair Industry...search here
first!

http://www.TvPartsPlus.com

AmyfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

bnywkbbuih