tyfboyeyc

Moderator: Angel

infernomd

Troubleshooting assistance

Post by infernomd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:51 am

I have a Samsung DLP HLR5667WAX, 2 days ago it has started freezing up, displaying several different green patterns across the screen, the screen going black, sometimes I only get sound and others I don't have sound. I can;t always turn the tv off using the button on the unit itself and can only turn it on and off from the remote. Periodically when the unit is turned on I get a gray box that says "please wait" then it goes away after a few seconds. There are times after a couple hours of messing with the unit it does work for a while. I have been reading through the forums and believe it could be the DMD, digital or analog boards. I have went into the service mode and hopefully tested the DMD board using the following procedure:

I have already done the test for the DMD board inside the system menu and everything tested ok. this is the procedure i used as per ANDREWS post
From the Service Manual.
Access Factory Service Mode:

"In Standby mode, press "Mute", "1", "8", "2" and "Power" to turn the screen on and enter service mode

Input screen will be whatever you have set as main input.
Check if there is an error in the DMD board:

Highlight the DDP1011, then TEST PATTERN
Press the right arrow key on remote to scan through the following screens:
Full Screen, WHITE, BLACK, RED, GREEN, BLUE, etc. until you get back to your initial input.
If the above screens do not appear, this is a DMD board error.

When the DMD board has been determined to be error free based on the test patterns check the DNIe:

Input screen will be whatever you have set as main input.
Check if there is an error in the digital board before the DMD.

Highlight the DNIe, then TEST PATTERN
Press the right arrow key on remote to scan through the following screens:
Full Screen, WHITE, BLACK, RED, GREEN, BLUE, etc. until you get back to your initial input.

If the above screens do not appear, IT MAY BE from a DMD board, an ATI error or there is an Analog board malfunction.

The test patterns for the DDP1011(L6) and the DNIe were both fine and I seemed to receive the proper results. Could anyone please provide any guidance as to any more tests to determine if it is my analog or digital boards prior to trying to replace both of them?

infernomd

Re: Troubleshooting assistance

Post by infernomd » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:16 am

I forgot to mention I have the cable is connected through component 1, a standard DVD player using RCA cables and a Blue Ray player connected via HDMI. All three components have the same issues when used.

LisafUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

tyfboyeyc

Post by LisafUp » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:49 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”