kwvibtdtin

Moderator: Angel

crispyominus

hlt-6167s 3 leds blinking

Post by crispyominus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:28 pm

ok so i got a samsung dlp hlt-6167s. it goes off one day and wont come back on. seems to come on when i hit the power button but no video or audio and i get 3 leds blinking on the side. i looked the led flash code up in a service manual and it say its a light engine failure. after some looking around i found a light engine for sale at discount merchant. havent bought it yet just wanted to get some advice on if i should spend the money on it and if its everything i need. the new one seems to not come with what i think is the DMD board( on my light engine out of my tv this board im calling the DMD has big power wires that go to each individual led in the light engine). if this dmd board is my real problem i dont wanna spend the money on this engine if i dont need it.

this is a link to the light engine i found
http://www.discount-merchant.com/SAMSUN ... 171841.htm

if anyone could give me some general advice on if i should try this or what my problem really is i would greatly appreciate it.

oh yeah prolly stupid question but im new to fixing tv's here, i keep seeing people with the same flashing leds and they all say they replaced their bulb and ballast. but my dlp doesnt have a bulb and ballast right? the leds and dmd board take the place of that right? not sure but i would like to know.

thanks guys

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: hlt-6167s 3 leds blinking

Post by BYO » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi,

All the DLP TV's has a lamp inside. If you haven't replace the lamp I will try that first, since all the lamps have a lifespan. 95% of the time replacing the lamp resolves the issue. If you need a lamp for the TV Model # hlt-6167s or HLT6167S, you need the lamp # BP96-01795A and you can get it from our sponsor:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Search ... p96-01795a

They can troubleshot with you over the phone before you purchase.
Hope this info works for you!!
Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see.

AlanfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

kwvibtdtin

Post by AlanfUp » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”