ryujytielg

Moderator: Angel

90bison83
Contributor
Contributor

46 inch DLP Problem after replacing lamp and wheel

Post by 90bison83 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:08 am

OK, I'm sure this has been covered numerous times, but the symptoms don't seem the same. At any rate, I have a 46 inch Samsung DLP that I replaced the lamp on with no problems. About a month afterwards, the I heard a humming noise and a crack. After talking with several folks, they thought that it may be the color wheel. Found me a set of instructions on how to replace it and sure nuff the color wheel was broken and damaged. I was able to replace that with no problems but when I plug in the power cord, the TV automatically tries to cut itself on. You can hear the tone that the TV makes when it normally comes on but nothing. Just a flashing GREEN lamp at the bottom and then the red temp light...and finally it will try to power up again. No picture, No sound. Any ideas?

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: 46 inch DLP Problem after replacing lamp and wheel

Post by darkart77 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:14 pm

It appears that you might need to check your ballast, here are some tips on this board and it's functions.
1. The TV gives a "Lamp Replacement" code when powering on the TV even when the lamp has been replaced.
2. The TV does not make a "Click" noise or "Surge" when pressing the power button. The click noise is one of the fastest ways to decide whether the ballast or other components of your TV are bad rather than the lamp.
3. The TV makes rapid "Clicking" noises (3-5 clicks every 2-3 seconds). This means that your ballast is weak and can not fire the lamp
If you hear a buzzing, humming or rapid clicking noises (Ballast symptoms)

hope this can help. Good luck :D

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: 46 inch DLP Problem after replacing lamp and wheel

Post by Jason1976 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:32 pm

check the cables and make sure you didn't forget any. check the flat cable that goes from the color wheel to the dmd board it can plug in backwords and then your tv wont come on the hole way. also make sure it's the right color wheel. If you bought a used color wheel do you hear it spinning up? If not you could have a bad color wheel.

PS. make sure you ether have the back on the tv and the over on the lamp, or tape the switch down or the tv will turn itself off.

CarlfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

ryujytielg

Post by CarlfUp » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:27 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”