upuarghl

Moderator: Angel

TONY355

ARE COMPANIES PHASING OUT DLP TVS

Post by TONY355 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:36 pm

HI

JUST CURIOUS BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF COMPANIES ARE PHASING OUT THEIR DLP LINES AND IF SO WHY??

SEEMS LIKE EVERYTIME I VISIT ELECTRONIC STORES THE SELECTION OF DLP SETS IS NOW VERY SLIM COMPARED TO PLASMA OR LCD SETS.

I HOPE THIS ISNT TRUE AS YEARS AGO WHEN I PURCHASED MY SET, DLP WAS MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE ESPECIALLY IN THE OVER 50 INCH SCREENS WHICH I PREFER. I LOVE MY SAMSUNG.. AND THE LOWER PRICES THAT DLP SETS SEEMED TO PROVIDE AT THE TIME.

ANY COMMENTS OR NEWS WOULD BE APRECIATED.

Eddie

Re: ARE COMPANIES PHASING OUT DLP TVS

Post by Eddie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:09 am

Yes and No.

DLP technology is awesome. The problem is that the R&D was never really done before they pushed it to market and now they have tons of TVs with tons of problems. Only a few manufacturers are dedicated to continue the DLP lines at the consumer level, but there are lots of factors involved such as economic and demand...

So most companies are phasing them out, but Samsung and Mitsubishi seem to still be making them.

TONY355 wrote:HI

JUST CURIOUS BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF COMPANIES ARE PHASING OUT THEIR DLP LINES AND IF SO WHY??

SEEMS LIKE EVERYTIME I VISIT ELECTRONIC STORES THE SELECTION OF DLP SETS IS NOW VERY SLIM COMPARED TO PLASMA OR LCD SETS.

I HOPE THIS ISNT TRUE AS YEARS AGO WHEN I PURCHASED MY SET, DLP WAS MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE ESPECIALLY IN THE OVER 50 INCH SCREENS WHICH I PREFER. I LOVE MY SAMSUNG.. AND THE LOWER PRICES THAT DLP SETS SEEMED TO PROVIDE AT THE TIME.

ANY COMMENTS OR NEWS WOULD BE APRECIATED.
--
Eddie

SuefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

upuarghl

Post by SuefUp » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:52 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”