fewvunlo

Moderator: Angel

white127

HLT4675S problems

Post by white127 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:30 pm

We have a Samsung HLT4675S, purchased new November 06. We had to replace the bulb in Nov 07, Feb 08, Apr 08 and July 08. We also replaced the ballast in July -08 (which was apparently causing the bulbs to blow so quickly). the tech who looked at it in July 08 said he thought the ballast is what caused the lamps to blow continously and that Samsung should have repaired it, since it started when it was under warranty (of course they didn't).

A couple of days ago, the tv would not come on. We let it sit for a few hours, and it came on, no problem. Yesterday, I went to turn the tv on, it "whirred" as though it were coming on for a few seconds, powered down and off, and then started cycling attempting to come on-go off on a continuous loop. The only lights flashing was the green one on the right, as usual. I had to unplug it to get it to stop. I let it sit for a little while, and tried again. Same thing happened. The light is not coming on in the back of the tv, and we hear a loud "whirring" sound. I took apart the back and used canned air to get the dust out, and checked the bulb. It looks ok, the filaments are still attached and no burning smell. Made sure the lamp door was seated properly (we even tried to hold the blue switch down and turn on the tv, no such luck).

I am thinking I have to replace the bulb and ballast again. Should I replace the door switch as well? Any links on how to replace the switch? could it be the color wheel?

Should I even bother trying to repair it again?

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: HLT4675S problems

Post by BYO » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:27 pm

if this "whirring" sound was making a vibration on the TV, there is a good chance that the one that needs to be replaced is the color wheel. When the color wheel fails it also triggers the signal for replacing the lamp. This is another common issue with Samsung DLP's.

:? In order to replace the wheel follow this picture guide:
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/guides/samsun ... 01579a.php

You can purchase the wheel for your TV here:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Samsun ... 1&CartID=0

Good luck with this project :P .....!!
Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see.

JackfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

fewvunlo

Post by JackfUp » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:06 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”