dsiakdnxvo

Moderator: Angel

devicemanager

HLR4667W turns on for 10 seconds

Post by devicemanager » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Here's the story...

The TV is about 5 years old but about a year ago the TV would just turn off on it's own. This happened on and off for a few months. I found that if you unplug the TV, hold the power button down and leave it unplugged over night, it should clear itself up. Sure enough it was fine for a few months.

Well this problem returned and I fugured I try this trick on the TV again. Sure enough it's not working now.

The TV turns on for 10 seconds, I get a picture, but all of sudden there is a click and everything shuts down. There is a green light on inside the TV looking at it from behind on the left. Also the from System/Temp and Standby lights flash. I cant get the TV to turn on again unless I pull the plug, but then it only starts for 10 seconds and I'm back in this failure loop.

I have ordered a new lamp and placed in into the TV and still had the same problem. Did the with the entire back cover off the TV, not sure if I should have put everything back together? But either way I have sent the bulb back.

I was told to check the color wheel and the ballast but I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem and know what the problem is without having to buy parts and troubleshoot it with trial and error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: HLR4667W turns on for 10 seconds

Post by BYO » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:29 pm

If you already change the bulb and turns ON (even for 10 seconds) bulb is not the issue. You are having isues with the voltage injected to the lamp form the ballast.

When you did this:
"The TV is about 5 years old but about a year ago the TV would just turn off on it's own. This happened on and off for a few months. I found that if you unplug the TV, hold the power button down and leave it unplugged over night, it should clear itself up. Sure enough it was fine for a few months."

You were kind of forcing the TV to think there was a new lamp and ballast started sending voltage for a new lamp (20V), but after a while the lamp starts requiring more voltage to compensate the electrons needed for the lamp. So Voltage is increasing and when it reaches 90V-100V or maybe 125V, the TV computer shuts the set OFF for security reasons.

To fix this you need to change the ballast (and possibly the lamp if your new lamp worked a couple of weeks with that faulty ballast).

I found your ballast on:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/SAMSUN ... 195416.htm

If this situation persist after replacing ballast we might want to change the temperature sensor as well:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/110728 ... 107282.htm

This is located right next to the lamp.

Hope this helps you!!
Regards,
Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see.

AlanfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

dsiakdnxvo

Post by AlanfUp » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:47 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”