ufkvrhii

Moderator: Angel

trdowns

Picture occasionally flickers with blue bars

Post by trdowns » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:38 am

Samsung HL-R5067W
I havent replaced the bulb yet and want to make sure that is the problem. The TV powers up fine and is pretty quite. It will work for awhile and starts occasionally flickering with some horizontal blue bars across the picture. I will do that for a bit and then go back to a normal picture. The bulb has a little over 6000 hours on it. I know that it is at the end of its life expectancy but still want to order the correct part to fix this problem. I will order a bulb after this problem is resolved

Thanks Terry

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Picture occasionally flickers with blue bars

Post by BYO » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi Terry,

This is not something that a lamp will caused, the only thing that the lamp does is deliver white light so a image can be projected to the screen.

"It will work for awhile and starts occasionally flickering with some horizontal blue bars across the picture. I will do that for a bit and then go back to a normal picture."

When you have this symptoms, they are more related to a failure on the DMD board (that carries the DLP Chip), this happens when it gets overheated. In order to fix this you will need to replace the DMD Board or the Light Engine.

There is also the possibility that the Digital Video Board is bad.
I really recommend you to get a tech to check the TV, since this 2 items work together and is a little bit hard to troubleshoot it in a forum, we need to use a voltmeter and test the digital board.

If you need a good tech, just go to www.tvrepairpros.com and add your state and zip code and will give you a directory of all the available technicians around your area.

Good Luck!!
Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see.

AshfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

ufkvrhii

Post by AshfUp » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:09 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”