luhkulmp

Moderator: Angel

stevecos
Contributor
Contributor

46HM94 has sound but no Picture

Post by stevecos » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:43 pm

I have a 5yr old 46HM94. The only problem i had with it was the lamp. I've replaced it twice. The picture went out again about a month ago, I assumed it was the lamp again and bought another one. While i was waiting for the lamp to be shipped i plugged the TV back in and the picture was back. It was as sharp as it usually was but it was working. it was fine for about a week or so and then I lost the picture again while turning it on. The sound is fine, i can see the lamp lite through the fin's in the back of the TV. I can also see a very faint light on the screen. I tried reseating the lamp and checking the lamp door but i still don't get a picture. I don't get a flashing code from the on/off light switch. Has anyone had or heard of this problem?
Thanks

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: 46HM94 has sound but no Picture

Post by grayfox » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Did you install the new lamp in? if so then this might be a ballast issue.
ImageUnit Foxhound

stevecos
Contributor
Contributor

Post by stevecos » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:56 am

pepe wrote:Did you install the new lamp in? if so then this might be a ballast issue.
I did replace the Lamp and the Ballast. I think the Light Engine is my final move. I you have any other ideas i'd appreciate your thoughts

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:23 pm

before you do so, do you get any distortion on your screen, or does your tv fail to follow remote or set commands?
ImageUnit Foxhound

stevecos
Contributor
Contributor

Post by stevecos » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:42 pm

pepe wrote:before you do so, do you get any distortion on your screen, or does your tv fail to follow remote or set commands?
I am not getting a picture at all. I am getting sound. I can see my screen light up faintly when the room is dark. I can change channels with my remote. I have tried to get into setup but cant see anything. when i had a pic.the color was not as clear and bright as it once was.
The Lamp is very bright and the fan is running. it seams that the light engine is preventing the light from the screen completely. when this first happened (no picture only sound) i disconnected it for about 2 weeks and i decided to check it out while waiting for the new lamp. I plugged it in and turned it on and the picture was back it wasn't a crisp picture but it was working, I had it running for about two days straight. When i shut it off and then back on that was it, I haven't got a picture since, I worked with someone online It was a "FIX IT NOW" sites. the guy had me test the ballast. He said the voltage was low so i bought one and installed it with no success, I hope I answered your question
Thanks

AshfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

luhkulmp

Post by AshfUp » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:39 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”