bwwpjljg

Moderator: Angel

Tonester7
Contributor
Contributor

HL-P5063W DLP No Picture

Post by Tonester7 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:56 pm

My hl-p5063w DLP TV recently lost its picture. The set will turn on, the lamp will come on, color wheel spins up without any loud noise, and the "hello" chime also works, but NO picture at all. It DOES flicker for a second when turning on but then nothing else happens. I replaced the digital board TWICE...the first one was faulty, second one wouldn't boot up to give me the "hello" chime (But lamp, color wheel, etc turned on). One thing I DO notice is that when the color wheel spins down, I can hear the ball bearings make a little bit of noise but granted this is with my ear pretty much inside the back of the TV.

What could be the problem!? I heard from a friend that it could be the light engine... If so, is the TV worth fixing?

Thanks... Tony

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HL-P5063W DLP No Picture

Post by grayfox » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Hello,
in any other case I would advice changing the lamp first but since you mention it wants to power up and fails, then you can hear the bearing, I think the colorwheel is bad and needs replacing. I am almost sure the colorwheel is preventing the tv to boot up.
hope this helps.
ImageUnit Foxhound

Tonester7
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tonester7 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:29 am

It doesn't fail when it boots up with the original DMD board, only with the replacement one. I only hear the color wheel SLIGHTLY when it is just about to stop spinning after it's turned off...Just no picture

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:44 pm

hmm, I still think you should try the colorwheel, any sound emitting from the bearing (even if its just when its winding down) means the bearing has reached the end of its lifetime...
ImageUnit Foxhound

Tonester7
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tonester7 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:30 pm

It doesn't make any kind of whining noise that I've read from other users when they encounter problems... I just don't want to buy ANOTHER part and also not have it fix the problem.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:23 pm

I understand, it is really hard to diagnose a TV, especially through a forum, but the fact that the bearing sounds at all, tell me the cycles are off, so It is going to need replacement either way, as a technician, this would be my first approach, and it less expensive than changing a lamp I know you can find them cheap on DM you just have to find a comaptible one...
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Samsun ... 1&CartID=0
ImageUnit Foxhound

Tonester7
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tonester7 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:29 pm

OK I thought that the computer goes through a series of self-checks before it "boots up" fully (chime sound) so that if the color wheel was broke then it shouldn't boot up. The original board allows it to boot up but the replacement doesn't. Could the original DMD board be unable to do those checks thus making it just boot up regardless?

YEAH, I totally agree about fixing this stuff over an internet forum... I've been in contact with a friend who fixes TVs for a living and he gave me a samsung DLP troubleshooting flowchart. Everything points to replacing the DMD board (which I did) but it didn't fix the problem. I might just get a new TV LOL

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:05 pm

dont get me started on Samsung flowcharts and their parts! :lol:
but yeah sometimes its frustrating, especially when I can be of no further help, but its a shame to see a big screen HDTV go to waste :oops:
ImageUnit Foxhound

darock
Contributor
Contributor

Post by darock » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:58 am

My HPL5063W DLP picture was dimm, after 2/3 mins. tv had no pic. but had sound.
then the timer, lamp, and standby/temp indicating lights would flash.
Ordered new lamp BP96-00826A, installed it but didn't fire up no pic but has sound.
same three indicating lights flashed. I thought the new lamp was defected,because when I reinstalled
the old lamp and got a dimm picture for 2/3 mins. then picture went out.
after returning the lamp. distributer said lamp fired up for them. they're sending me a new lamp.
Then I read about resetting the TV to factory settings and lamp to 0hrs. So I did that with
the old lamp, WOW!! looked great,thought I had the solution.Then POW after 5 minutes :o
POP the lamp exploded.
Please Help do not want this to happen
when I install a new lamp.

AshfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

bwwpjljg

Post by AshfUp » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:02 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”