rdaltcbw

Moderator: Angel

greatwhite6

HL-R5678w blacks look "oily"

Post by greatwhite6 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:59 am

I just replaced my color wheel. It wasn't as hard as I expected but now my picture has some issue. The blacks look oily, and other colors look digital. Some scenes look awesome but others are not perfect. I don't want to spend any more money on the set so if it needs calibration, I'd like to do it myself. How can I get this done? Ive already replaced color wheel, bulb, and had some engine replaced early on. It has had a perfect picture in the past so I'm sure it can happen again. Please help!!

dqboy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HL-R5678w blacks look "oily"

Post by dqboy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:59 pm

There is a site called jangro.com that gives tips on replacing a color wheel and then adjusting the settings. There it will tell you that there are two types of color wheels one is an "air bearing" type and when it is used a "jumper" needs to be removed from the panel near the color wheel. There is a yellow sticker ab ove the jumper with a diagram that explains the jumper. After removing the jumper you will need to use your remote to enter the service mode and adjust the settings. With the TV off push mute-1-8-2- power, the TV will slowly come on in the service mode and then you use your remote selector to select DDP1011 it will be by the top of the list that shows up. When you do that there should be a red bar to adjust. Please go to Jangro.com to see more details because I just started learnbing a few days ago. Most of all Good Luck :-)

AshfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

rdaltcbw

Post by AshfUp » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:26 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”