rpjpzxny

Moderator: Angel

gess

Samsung DLP4663W

Post by gess » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:42 am

My DLP is 4 1/2 years old and has worked great until now. There is a loud fan sound coming from inside and the TV will not turn on. It attempts to but cannot. I see two flashing lights in the front, the lamp and the stand by/temp. I opened the back and noticed that both fans and the color wheel are spinning but the sound is not coming from the fans, it is coming from further inside. I ordered a new lamp through DM and installed it. That didn't solve my problem.

What do you think?

dqboy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung DLP4663W

Post by dqboy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:47 pm

When you turn the TV on all the parts should run, three fans and the color wheel all turn. When you turn the TV off the fans continue to run for a while to cool the TV. So if you have a noise that stops when the TV is turned off, it is most likely the color wheel because it stops at shut-off, but the fans continue to turn.

gess

Re: Samsung DLP4663W

Post by gess » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:19 am

I received my new color wheel and followed the online instructions. The old color wheel was shattered, so I replaced it. Now the TV tries to power up and the two fans spin, but the color wheel is not moving and the lamp does not go on. There are two lights flashing on the front. Lamp and Stand By/Temp. Help!!

AshfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

rpjpzxny

Post by AshfUp » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:54 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”