jccwemvq

Moderator: Angel

bmludwig

HL-T5075s won't turn on

Post by bmludwig » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:29 pm

I've looked through the forum and haven't found any syptoms exactly like mine, tv is about 3 years old and haven't had any issues other than bulbs. Tv was working fine day before, I came home and turned it on, lamp light flashed as normal, but lamp wouldn't fire, it cycled 3 times and I had the 3 flashing lights indicating a bad bulb. Bulb is only a month old, took it out, inspected looked fine. I had a new spare so thought I'd try that, same thing. I don't hear any clicking, whirling or whining, the only sound is the electroinc chime that you normally hear at start up.

I've ordered a new ballast thinking that may be the problem, but after reading through the forums, I'm not so sure. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Sierra117
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HL-T5075s won't turn on

Post by Sierra117 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:48 pm

How can I track down exactly what my problem is? I had the same problem as OP with mine. One day we were watching it and there was a slight pop and the screen went black and now when I try to turn it on, it just cycles and I get the error lights. I am a college student and have a very tight budget for buying parts so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sierra117
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sierra117 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Ok, so I just replaced the ballast and now I am only getting 2 flashing lights. The lamp light has stopped flashing. What does this mean?

Sierra117
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sierra117 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Nope, absolutely none. When I try to turn it on, the STAND BY/TEMP and TIMER lights flash while it tries to start up and I hear a whirring sound, but nothing. It will eventually click and turn off and then all three lights will flash again. And once I have hit the power button, the only way to get it to turn back off is to either let it cycle a few times or unplug it because the power button is unresponsive during this. Also, I called Samsung and the lady on the phone told me that when I replace a lamp or a component I have to reset it all with a code entered from the remote. It's MUTE, 1, 8, 2, POWER. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks!

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

jccwemvq

Post by Wimlok » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:10 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”