wueheabx

Moderator: Angel

nashmo20

samsung dlp powers up then shuts down, burnt smell

Post by nashmo20 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:08 pm

I have a Samsung HL50A650 and it will power up, show the signal for about 5 seconds then power down. The cycle continues until it is unplugged. There are no unusual noises and when the signal is on it looks fine. The tv is about 2 years old. The room started to smell like burnt popcorn and the power button would not shut it off. The Samsung rep said to take it in but the warranty is dead and gone. Any help would be great! thank you

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: samsung dlp powers up then shuts down, burnt smell

Post by Jason1976 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:00 am

Mine kept power cycling like this and here the lamp was bad. same model of tv. I resoldered stuff in my power supply and my ballast also thinking that was my issue some of the solder joints didn't look good. The funny thing is I took the lamp from this tv that made it power up and off over and over again and put it in another tv and the lamp works. but for some reason doesn't work in this tv anymore.

This may save you some money. the lamp is a bare pillips PHI/389S If you look up that part number it should save you some money.

I bought my hl50a650 used off craigslist for 75 dollars. put a little over 100 into it for a lamp and my 50" tv cost me less then 200 dollars.

KimfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

wueheabx

Post by KimfUp » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:25 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”