vllckejd

Moderator: Angel

HDMom
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLN61A750 "Check Fan #3" - Problem Solved!

Post by HDMom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:58 am

I've searched the entire forum but couldn't find any posts pertaining to my issue. For abouta month I was getting a "Check fan #3" message on my set which didn't cause any performance issues. I get the same message but now the set turns off after about 5 minutes.

I'd like to see if I can replace the fan myself. It looks like the part is available on samsungparts.com. Does anyone know which one is fan #3? Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it?
Last edited by HDMom on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: Samsung HLN61A750 "Check Fan #3"

Post by Jason1976 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:59 pm

open up the back and clean all 3 fans. one is for the lamp. one may blow over the dmd board. one can ether be on the digital board or the ballast. most likely one isn't working. It may of damnged the board that it was blowing on if it is to dirty that it cant move or it isn't working. The tv may need a costly repair now that you ignored the fan warring. try cleaning the fans first to see if that fixes the issue. but first find out what fan isn't working. that will give you an idea of what board may need replaced if the cleaning doesn't work.

HDMom
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HLN61A750 "Check Fan #3"

Post by HDMom » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:37 am

Thanks for the reply Jason. My set is an LED model and doesn't have a lamp. I went ahead and ordered a fan from Samsungparts.com after doing a little more research. Seems there are two types of fans for this set, 1 smaller than the other. The set utilizes two of the larger fans and 1 of the smaller ones.

I opened up the back of the set and was able to immediately visualize two of the fans, (1 smaller/1 larger) that are right next to each other. I powered up the set and it seems these two fans are functioning properly although I did take the opportunity to dust these off with compressed air just in case. I believe the other larger fan is to the right rear of the assembly from what I read on another site but I can't really see it. My only issue now is how to remove the assembly so I can get to fan #3.

I've spent hours searching for video of disassembly of thise model to no avail. I've found video of older samsung dlp models but the assembly looks very different from mine. Anyone have any video or pics of my model?
Last edited by HDMom on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

HDMom
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HLN61A750 "Check Fan #3" - Problem Solved!

Post by HDMom » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:27 am

Ok, so I was finally able to see where fan #3 is located. :roll: When you open the back of the set, you can readily see two fans, a smaller one on the left, and a slightly larger one on the right. Fan #3 is behind the larger fan in the front and slightly to the right of it. If I weren't so tired right now I'd post a pic.

In any case, I had decided to throw in the towel at trying to remove the assembly to get to it - at least for this evening. Before replacing the back panel I decided to take Jason's advise and dusted the fan with compressed air. I had no illusions that this would solve the issue, it just seemed too simplistic. I powered up the set anyway just to test it out and to my surprise the fan started running again.

I'm going to keep the fan I ordered just in case it fails but for now my set is working in all it's high def glory. Thanks Jason! :mrgreen:

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

vllckejd

Post by Wimlok » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:32 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”