pchcxewz

Moderator: Angel

Frustration

samsung HLN437wx/xaa dlp tv

Post by Frustration » Mon May 04, 2009 8:00 pm

I have 3 of these monsters giving me problems but 1 of them I have not been able to find a diagnosis. I'm hoping you can help me out. Suddenly the screen went black. I could still hear the sound and bulb was working (I could see the light coming out of the back of the TV). I know that the color wheel and fan#2 were not the problem because I removed them to repair the other two sets. As of now I need parts to repair my original problem ( no picture ), the color wheel and fan #2. A tech told me it might be the digital or the analog board. Since these parts are expensive I'm hoping you will provide me with a second opinion and the cost of the parts needed.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: samsung HLN437wx/xaa dlp tv

Post by Angel » Mon May 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Can you see the TV menu? If so then it could be a problem with one of the boards the repairman told you.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Frustration

Post by Frustration » Wed May 06, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks for your response. No I can't see the menu screen it is completely black. However I was able to use the remote to scroll up and down the component menu even though I couldn't actually see the screen.
Thanks

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Angel » Wed May 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Then it could be that the DMD board is not working properly and is not redirecting the lamp light correctly, or maybe (this is not common) the prism in your light engine got moved.

HTH.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

SuefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

pchcxewz

Post by SuefUp » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:34 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”