Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
Dave Attell at the Comedy Cellar in NYC 9/24/03
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

It was a late night show which started at 11pm.

Dave Attell was on the list for the Comedy Cellar. He was obviously working out new bits, some of which bombed, but he was hillarious none-the-less. I was a bit intoxicated, but we managed to talk and take some photos. Dave seemed a bit drunk. He called himself the "drunk comic."

Dave was overall funny, in a sick and sarcastic way.. and well, that's also my kind of humor so I thought it was funny.

Dov Davidoff was pretty funny as well. I had seen him the previous nights at Carolines. His humor is also to my liking.

Jim Norton from Tough Crowd is funny.. but kinda angry. His set went pretty well, though the previous night I saw him at Carolines, he kinda lost the crowd and gained them back when he went over his time. Definately an angry comic, but funny. I think he looks like the Commish.

Lynne Koplitz was one of the first comics I saw. I didn't know she was a comic. She's bulletproof.. and she was drunk, I think. She's the former host of the show Change of Heart. Damn she's tall. Funny gal.

I can't remember any other names there.