Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
got hurt, but because I felt like I let my team down,"
Dat Phabulous

FRANKFURT, Germany -- Bayer Leverkusen secured a 2-1 victory over Hoffenheim on Friday with a goal that wasnt and Hoffenheim lodged a protest hoping for a replay. #20 Italy Stefano Okaka Mens Jersey - Replica White Away Short Shirt 2016 UEFA European Football Championship Soccer Puma . Stefan Kiesslings header at the near post from a corner narrowly missed the target, the ball hit the outside of the net but rolled into the goal through a hole in the netting. Although television replays left no doubt, referee Felix Brych ignored pleas from Hoffenheim players, who also appeared to be taken by surprise at first. Brych was shown the breach in the netting but the FIFA referee shrugged and stood by his decision as the game had already resumed. "Its a scandal. That was no goal, there are no two ways about it. We are definitely going to protest," Hoffenheims managing director Alexander Rosen said. His Leverkusen counterpart, Rudi Voeller, also said it was "definitely" not a goal and said his team was in an "uncomfortable situation." "Thats not how we wanted to win the game," Voeller said. "The fair result would have been a 2-2." Kiesslings first reaction was to turn away in frustration at missing the chance and hold his head in his hands. Only when his teammates surrounded him in celebration did Kiessling also raise his arms in tepid triumph. "I didnt really see it, I turned away but I was surprised to see the ball in. I didnt know how it got in," Kiessling said. The incident resembled Thomas Helmers famous "phantom goal" for Bayern Munich against Nuremberg in 1994 that finished in a 2-1 Bayern win. That match was replayed and Bayern won 5-0 to capture the title. Brych said, "there was a corner and then the ball was in the net." "I had a slight doubt but the reaction from the players was clear, nobody was against (the decision)," Brych said. Brych said that none of the players -- including Kiessling -- had told him that it wasnt a goal. It wasnt Brychs only controversial moment. He disallowed a Hoffenheim goal that was clearly onside and incorrectly awarded a penalty to Hoffenheim, although the spot kick was missed. Sidney Sam scored against the run of play to put Leverkusen ahead after 26 minutes and Kiesslings "goal" doubled the lead in the 70th before Sven Shipplock pulled one back for Hoffenheim late in the match. In the 82nd, Brych awarded a penalty for Hoffenheim although Roberto Hilbert played the ball and Roberto Firmino fell over him. The tackle was outside the box anyway. Firmino himself took the shot but Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno stopped it. Firmino pounced on the rebound but hit the post and Emir Spahics clearing attempt also hit the post before the ball was finally kicked away. Sam found the space to slot into the low corner despite facing three Hoffenheim defenders in the 26th. Gonzalo Castro did the work, delivering the ball after an unchallenged run down the middle and Sam scored his league-high seventh goal of the season. Hoffenheim was the team dictating play but could not use its chances and also had the misfortune to have a regular goal mistakenly disallowed for a non-existent offside. Kevin Vollands attempt was blocked at the last moment, Sejad Salihovics free kick was cleared on the line and Anthony Modeste missed Hoffenheims best chance when Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno managed to divert his point-blank shot into the corner. While Hoffenheim wasted half a dozen chances, Leverkusen did look dangerous on the rare break. Modeste had another header saved in the second half, while on the other side Castros shot was palmed away by Koen Casteels. http://www.socceritalyonline.com/Graziano-Pelle-UEFA-EURO-Italy-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- Russell Martin wanted a better fate for his starting pitcher and helped deliver a happier ending. http://www.socceritalyonline.com/Simone-Zaza-UEFA-EURO-Italy-Jersey/ .ca. Hi Kerry, This may sound like a silly question but Im watching Anaheim and Vancouver Monday night and during a stoppage of play, I noticed that when the linesman Brian Mach No. http://www.socceritalyonline.com/Marco-Parolo-UEFA-EURO-Italy-Jersey/ . - Albert Pujols departure from the St.MIAMI - Jose Fernandez walked into the Miami Marlins clubhouse four hours before game time and extended his left arm to shake hands with teammates. His right arm rested in a sling and was encased in a cast from above the elbow to his hand. "Im excited," Fernandez said with a grin. "Im throwing a bullpen tomorrow lefty." That would be the only way last seasons NL Rookie of the Year would be able to pitch anytime soon. Fernandez underwent Tommy John surgery on his throwing elbow Friday, and he is expected to be out 12 to 18 months. He rejoined the Marlins on Tuesday for the start of their six-game homestand, but only as a spectator. He also spoke to reporters for the first time since the operation. Fernandez said he felt a pinch in his elbow during a start against the Dodgers on May 4, and was at less than 100 per cent in his final start May 9 at San Diego. He said he didnt tell anyone because missing a start wasnt an appealing option. "I said, I cant do this to my team. Were in first place. I cant let them down right now," Fernandez said. "Its nobodys fault. It happened. Its sad it did. I dont blame anybody, and I dont regret not saying anything. That was my call. Probably it wasnt the smartest thing, but this is my team, and I give my life for my team." An attorney for Fernandez released a statement last week saying the pitcher changed his delivery for his final start, but Fernandez said it was nothing his team or manager could detect. "I was trying not to let anybody see that I was in a little pain,"t; he said. Stefano Okaka Italy Jersey. Fernandez said the ligament came off the bone, leaving him no choice but to undergo surgery. At the time he led the majors in strikeouts, and was 4-2 with a 2.44 ERA. "It was sad not because I got hurt, but because I felt like I let my team down," he said. "That was the tough part. I felt bad, but I can take care of this and be back and strong." Tuesday would have been Fernandezs day to pitch as the Marlins opened a series against the Phillies. "Hes going to be out a long time, but we know hes on the road to recovery," manager Mike Redmond said. "We know a lot of guys come back and either pitch the same or better. Its tough to see him in the sling, but we know hes going to be back." Fernandez underwent surgery in Los Angeles. He plans to return there next week to have his cast and stitches removed, before the long rehabilitation process begins. The Cuban defector said hes eager to get started. "To me this is just a little bump in the road," he said. "Ive been through a lot more stuff, tougher things. This is just something Ive got to learn from." At age 21, Fernandez has a 16-8 record with a 2.25 ERA in 36 career starts. Does he anticipate hell be able to pitch as well when he returns? "I hope better," he said. "Im going to be out for a year. Id better learn a lot of things and get a lot stronger. I cant wait to get back on the mound. Its going to be a special day. Its far away, but we have to take the little steps to get there." Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '
got hurt, but because I felt like I let my team down,"