Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dat Phantastic!

What!? I think Norton is the best one on that entire show. I know a lot of those comedians, but if it was up to me, I would let Norton win the whole thing. I don't think a large enough audience can like him to have him win, though. He talks about stuff a lot of people don't like to hear. I just happen to think it's hysterical.

And as for Durst, I thought he was going to get in as well. But I really don't care, I didin't think he was all that good.

No, no ,no, TOny Woods should have made it. THey chose black men who were not that good. I think this is becaus eVoss feels threatened by black men.

By the way, why is Voss even there? He lost.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phantastic!

The judges had no say in who goes through, oddly enough. And Vos is awesome and shouldn't have been in the first season. He was to big for it, as he would have put it.

Well, then, Jay Moore must be threatened by black men. Not in their size, because some of the black guys were huge. But, rather, because they will dwarf his comedic talent.

If any of you have heard TOny live, you would be impressed by his improv. And, as BigPhan put it, he is too big to be on there anyway.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phantastic!

tony woods the high comic high comic I think he had his own special too. I remeber him do the the topless african girl dance. wanyah wanyah wanyah waaaanyaaaaaah!

His special was just on a few hours ago on Comedy Central. And I have some dissapointing news, for me at least.

Spoiler alert

Ant gets in the house.

Ant was just a stupid move.

His basic routine is:

"I'm gay. Isn't that funny?"

Maybe I should have tried out.

My routine could be:
"I'm a conservative. Isn't that funny?"

Sensei Ern
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

I will give this to Ant:
He's really nice in person. very personable and friendly unlike some comics I have met.
And he told me I was pretty. Flattery will get you everywhere.

Oh no, I hope I don't get another black eye, just after the last one finally healed.

First let me say, I am not homophobe.

Now, having said that...

When I saw Ant on the first LCS, I thought his first routine was extremely funny. However, after his second appearance, Buddy Hackett said exactly what I was thinking. He encouraged Ant to develop his material beyond the "I'm gay. Isn't that funny."

Unfortunately, Buddy did not wrap his admonishment in an appealing package, but rather came across pretty abrasive. If Ant took it right, he may have some new material, and can appeal to a greater audience. If he didn't, I don't expect him to make it to the final six.

And, Ginamonster, you are beautiful. Pretty fades with age, but beauty shines brighter as time passes.

Sensei Ern
Dat Fan

I've seen Ant a few times on television. I was glad that he wrote new material for this LCS. I didn't find him funny at first and I'm gay. I was a flight attendant just like him. Funny isn't dealing with a princess in first class. Funny is sitting in a wet jumpseat on Barbie's dream jet at six in the morning.

But Ant seems to be a real down-to-earth, nice person. I'm just glad he wrote some new material this time. He just wasn't funny the first two time I saw him.
View user's profileFind all posts by Metra1163Send private messageAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

Embarassed Thank you.
I agree that Ant needs new jokes, I did not think you were being phobic at all. I was just saying that in my experience, Ant is a nice man.

He does seem nice.
View user's profileFind all posts by Susan AtkinsSend private messageSend e-mail
Dat Phantastic!

Yes, but it's a comedy competition. Nice rarly equals funny. There are some exceptions. But most of the best comedians seem like assholes. Bill Hicks and Jim Norton just to name a couple.

BigPhan, I knew, based on your icon, that you liked BIll Hicks. I hear many of his routines on Khaha.com. In my opinion, I could not see him winning something like LCS.

He has short gleems of humor, but I would not expect a majority of people to sit through his angry diatribes for that burst of comedic genius. I would especially expect most people to be turned off because the most common reaction would be, "HAHAHAHAHAHA, Hey! Wait a minute. He's talking about ME!"

Sensei Ern
Dat Phantastic!

Yeah, he brings up stuff people don't want to talk about. People seem afraid of his ideas. Most people don't get him, but he still has a huge cult following. Put his name into something like Kazaa and everything of his you ever wanted will come up. He is the greatest comedian, in my opinion. But his bits would be to, I don't know. But I do know what you mean when you say he couldn't win.

Delicious Monster

bigPhan wrote:
Yes, but it's a comedy competition. Nice rarly equals funny. There are some exceptions. But most of the best comedians seem like assholes. Bill Hicks and Jim Norton just to name a couple.

In my world, nice matters. I hope someday I am remembered for being a nice person among other things. A comedien will get more respect from me for being nice and not too funny than for being a jerk and being hilarious. I have met many comediens. I don't supoprt the rude ones.

hmm, ant act is just another way of like resterotyping homosexuals. isn't something most homosexual want to stop?

spidey wrote:
hmm, ant act is just another way of like resterotyping homosexuals. isn't something most homosexual want to stop?

his set was funny... i liked dan adhoot's set too

Dat Phantastic!

I would not have put Ant in the house. No matter how nice he is, he's just not very funny. But neither are a bunch of the other people.

im just glad one person i liked got in. corey.