Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Why did you guys come here?
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

We all came here for different reasons weather it was to interact with other Dat Phan Fans or to hope that Dat Phan would come here himself.. So be honest and don't be shy, get cumfy and i'll tell you why I came.

If you remember being a 13 year old... Thats when everything was starting to happen.. Pimples, Puberty, and a whole bunch of other human mutations. So I came to this site when I saw Dat Phan on TV and found out he was Vietnamese. I am half Vietnamese and a lot of asian people have pride in their culture so I thought it be cool if I was the only Viet guy there... And I hoped to meet Dat and hope that Dat would find that we had sumfin in common and I can benefit from him somehow(I didnt noe better lol).

So I came to the forum and there was like... 27424234238 other vietnamese people there so I was like... tough luck charlie, maybe you can still meet him. First week into this forum i found out that there was a LOT of people so i TRIED to make a good first impression and stuff but that kinda back fired and i looked stupid.

and thats my first impression story from my point of view.. a new forum is like a new school lol... except no one is your age

I'd like to hear how Gina, Yoink, Jennyko, Mom got so attached here... maybe im the only one with a long story, maybe i made myself look like an idiot once again but it's nice to get that off my chest.... PS I was just cruising and came across the forum doesnt make a good story, so tell what you can and make up everything else

The Internet King
The Internet King

One day I was just watching TV and I saw a commercial for a reality TV show with stand-up comedians. Since I like stand-up I was quite interested. So I caught the second half or so of the first episode of LCS and there was Dat Phan doing stand-up. I did not know who he was at the time but I thought he was just hilarious so I stayed tuned for the rest of the series. I saw how kind he was to the other comedians and just loved his personality. I really, really, wanted him to win and was thrilled to see him win. I went browsing on the internet for Info on Dat and found Dat Phan.com, this website. I looked through the forum and I was really interested by the posts, so I joined the forum. Dat Phan rules! My favorite stand-up comedian of all time! Very Happy
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Well, I watched Last Comic Standing from the first episode, and instantly loved Dat and his routine. I remember being so happy when he just made it into the house! When the rest of the cast started gving him somewhat of a hard time, then I wanted him to win even more.

I am not Viet. or Asian, however, I grew up in New Jersey in a part of town where Asians were the majority and Caucasions were the minority. That was the "norm" for me. As I got older, I began to date Asian men. I almost married one.

Did I vote for Dat because he is Asian? No. But maybe that's what got my attention at the beginning and then he grew on me like a fungus. (HAHA). And the end of Juy, when the show was coming to an end, I remember wanting to learn more about Dat, and figured there HAD to be something online about him.

That's when I found DPO, and all you nice people. As we all know there are a few dedicated fans who have continued visiting and posting long after LCS has ended. I even notice that we get about 2-5 new members joining a week. I think we are in just the beginning of a career that will continue to grow and grow, and I am so happy to be here helping to support Dat and his career. Very Happy And, while I support Dat, I have met some really nice people on this site.

i remember being so scared because LCS was on at 9 on tuesday and the season began to end as school started, so i dunno why but my parents wont let me stay up after 9 on school days... i always do but in my room but i dont have a tv in my room so i was so afraid that i would miss the ending of LCS... and i tune in to LCS like... half way into it. o yeah and i got to see the end of it.. school didnt start in time hehe

The Internet King

Viet_Huy wrote:
i remember being so scared because LCS was on at 9 on tuesday and the season began to end as school started, so i dunno why but my parents wont let me stay up after 9 on school days... i always do but in my room but i dont have a tv in my room so i was so afraid that i would miss the ending of LCS... and i tune in to LCS like... half way into it. o yeah and i got to see the end of it.. school didnt start in time hehe
Yeah, LCS ended August 5.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
The Wonders of Magic Shell

OK... my story is short. Over Labor Day weekend, I went to New York City with some freinds. We saw Dat's show, and talked to him after the show. He signed his autograp and wrote down the website. Build it and they will come, I guess...

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

wow u actually got to talk to dat one on one.. pretty kool eh?

hmmm i was watching Last Comic Standing. first couple of eposides i didnt know he was vietnamese but knew he was asian. me being viet/american i'm proud too. lol so that eposide when he talks about his family doing nails yeah mine too. so yeah drawn my attention my cousins.. remember this were only 10-16 year old.

hmmm we came down to santa ana, he was there my sister got an autograph got her toe step on. and etc. lol
View user's profileFind all posts by aznangelchick88Send private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Dat Fan

I saw first comic standing because I constantly need to laugh in my life and saw Dat Phan on there and saw he was really commited and that he seem to be different from the others. Different, but in a lot of good ways. I instantly liked him because I feel different a lot. After last comic standing, I started to watch Comedy Central more often and a few months later I realized that I hadn't seen Dat at all, so I went online to look for when he'd be doing shows or on the road and I wound up here. I got hooked when i could give me voice out during the whole rap discussion.
Chris "Mad_Cat" Votey

Delicious Monster

I came here because Dat is my friend and he will always have my support. Plus I think it's funny when girls drool over him!

Dat Fan Newbie

Just met Dat on Friday 02 Jan 04 at the Tampa improv. What a cool dude! I didn't know much about him and did not keep up with LCS. But now I will support Dat all the way.

Anyone else from Florida, specifically Tampa or want to visit me, all are welcome.
Diva

um dat is from san diego
i'm from san diego

from episode one of lcs we were so hooked

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

santee and san diego.... is that the same thing?

santee is in the eastern part of san diego and is known for it's rascist population, i've lived in granite hills for a long time, now my parents are still there, and i live in the little italy district of downtown san diego....
so yeah, same thing...

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Proudly A Loser.
Proudly A Loser.

Not like any of you care...
I had watched LCS when it was on.
I was at my radio show,doing pitches for Vos on air. Then when I came home on 8/5 and my friends made me come here since I was the last one who could. Man that was fun.

Dat Fan Newbie

well I didnt see any of the last comic standing until the last few episodes. When they said his name i was like...yeah hes vietnamese. Whatever he used in his jokes is soo tru to what my parents do and what society's stereotype of asians. Then i saw Dat Phan in the latest Asia videos where they congratulate famous vietnamese ppl. So thats kinda my reason...and plus i stick up for my vietnamese ppl!!! hehe

i can here becasue i liked Dat Phan ever since i saw him on Last Comic Standing, i thought he was funny and cool. Wink

Gina rocks!

SkitzoDemon6 wrote:
i can here becasue i liked Dat Phan ever since i saw him on Last Comic Standing, i thought he was funny and cool. Wink

Well thats the BEST reason to be here

i came here because i was spying on my sisters internet usage and found out that she visited this site. but i stayed for the wacky antics
Dat Phanaholic

Back in HS, even now in College, my friends always calls me a comedian because of my random jokes, I like comedy and after I found out Dat Phan is coming to perform at ECU (2/24) I went to get my tickets immedially, then I start to search on google and eventually lead me to his website.

2 more days before the performance