Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Anime Nerds Rock!!
Dat Fan Newbie

well, thats what this thread is about: anime!

Anybody watch any? I'm currently watching Naruto, which is a very excellent anime. And some of my other favorites are Rurouni Kenshin, Chobits, Trigun and Initial D.

Anyboody else watch?
Dat Phabulous

though i do not and can not watch any of the shows above, a friend of mine is a anime fanatic so i hear about these things every now and then...

(my brain doesnt register anything she tells me...)
View user's profileFind all posts by that _guy88Send private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressICQ Number
Dat Phabulous

though i do not and can not watch any of the shows above, a friend of mine is a anime fanatic so i hear about these things every now and then...

(my brain doesnt register anything she tells me...)
View user's profileFind all posts by that _guy88Send private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressICQ Number
Dat Phanaholic

I wish I could watch, but I dont even have cable. All I have is 8 english channels, and 4 spanish channels. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

i really like Kenshin, he's like super cool, with that sword and stuff. In america his series is called Samurai X or soemthing.

check out my web page

Dat Phan, you're super DUPER cool
View user's profileFind all posts by Li1azn13oy4uSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dat Fan

I download most of my anime Embarassed. So far, I have all of Serial Experiments Lain, Saishuu Heiki Kanojo, Tokyo Underground. I'm still downloading Ruin Explorers and I have the second half of Naruto (don't ask.) I've also seen all of Love Hina and Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040, the first four DVDs of RahXephon and the first ten episodes of Noir. The only anime I actually own is the movie Galaxy Express 999. I'm not an otaku, though, since I haven't actually watched SHK or Tokyu Underground and I'm waiting until I get all of Naruto before I watch it

Yeah, the Naruto episodes are going slow right now, but they're still really good and you should watch it whenever you can.

And if anybody else is wondering how to download anime, go to www.animesuki.com, download bittorrent (p2p software), and just check out some of the fine anime series that they have there, or you can use kazaa, but i find that a lot of people dont share anime.
Dat Fan

Initial D is one of my fav animes. My other favs include Crying Freeman, Flame Of Recca, The Guyver, Love Hina, Yuyu Hakusho, EVA, CHobits, Kare Kano and Rurouni Kenshin.

Heh, what about Ranma, Ryoga?

(I've also seen Season 1 of Ranma, just forgot to mention it)

Some good series are Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun. I've just started watching Lain. Ive also watched some of Rurouni Kenshin, and read the chobits manga.

Dat's Ex-Bodyguard

Cowboy bebop is not a "good" series....it's the "Best" series.

"A fool and his money are easily parted. I'd pay anyone a lot of money, to explain to me what that means." Homer Simpson
Miss Extraordinare
Miss Extraordinare

it is pretty cool. I saw some of it, and i think Spike and that little tomboy with that really fricken cool dog is cool. But i fell asleep watchin the movie.

I totally agree. *starts humming opening theme* Have you seen the movie?

Dat's Ex-Bodyguard

Yes I did see the movie, and I own the series on dvd. I'm fairly "blah" when it comes to anime, but cowboy bebop rocks. Ein the data dag kicks much ass.

"A fool and his money are easily parted. I'd pay anyone a lot of money, to explain to me what that means." Homer Simpson
Miss Extraordinare's Biznatch

lol we never figured out what a data dog really was, other than being pretty smart. Lol i wish i could have gotten the perfect sessions collection, but instead i got each dvd seperately. It has a great story, great characters, and a killer soundtrack, what else do you need.

Dat's Ex-Bodyguard

He's also a bad ass computer hacker.

Miss Extraordinare's Biznatch

lol as long as you have the right equipment for him to use.

Dat's Ex-Bodyguard

Yep. He still did what no one else could.

Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Bleh... I'm so tired of people stating how good Cowboy Bebop is... Don't ask me why, but I don't like it. it's stupid, it's.... sell, for a lack of other words at the moment, it's stupid.

OOO! I'm a bounty hunter who flies a ship called the Bebop with my crew: some guy with a letter opener for an arm, some girl who looks like a guy and has a man's name, some dog we never feed, and some gun-toting yellow-leather-wearing fan service woman who has incomprehensibly bouncy jumblies.... what an original anime this is.

The anime/manga I like are: Rurouni kenshin (the oav and the manga, the anime series SUCKED!), Trigun (the manga AND the anime), Trigun maximum (a manga), Ragnarok (A korean manga, otherwise known as "Manwha"), Renka (a manga), Akira, Jin-roh, Rokkuman (otherwise known as megaman), Naruto (again, I like the manga only, the anime sucks), and various other anime

Dat's Ex-Bodyguard
Dat's Ex-Bodyguard

MANGA BLOWS!!!!!!!!! Imho It's childish and lacking of substance. More interested in lame ass big guns, dramaticly useless action sequences and blood than story. I've seen most of those series you named, lame lame lmae lame.

Bebop, takes the tropes that other anime are mired in and twists them to something W/an adult Identity. It's anime made by adults, for adults. It's dark, intence and intimate. It on every level out stripes any anime I've ever seen.

Anime Nerds Rock!!