Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Do you plan on watching it?
I Plan on watching.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
I do not plan on watching.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
I do not have the Game Show Network, so I can't watch, but I would like to if I can watch it at your house.
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
I have no life and don't want to answer any polls because if I answer another one, the NSA will send black helicopters to silence me.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Dat on National Lampoon's Funny Money
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

According to this link:
http://finance.lycos.com/home/news/story.asp?story=35172237

Dat will be appearing on Funny Money this Sunday, tomorrow. Can anyone verify this?

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Re: Dat on National Lampoon's Funny Money
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

senseiern wrote:
According to this link:
http://finance.lycos.com/home/news/story.asp?story=35172237

Dat will be appearing on Funny Money this Sunday, tomorrow. Can anyone verify this?

Sensei Ern

YEs this is true. He will be on Funny Money--which he filmmed a month ago before the end of LCS. The show has Evan Marriot and Darva Conger and a few other comedians. He set the record for the most laughs on that show.

Please someone record it and send it to me!
-Eddie

dude, gay, i don't have that channel. damn. well, i would if i could though.

yea... same goes with me. tape it. and send it. i don't got that channel manz........

eep i dont have that channel

Miss Extraordinare

man i wanna watch.

anyways, this really is a debate: should i keep this thread here or in the polling place?

ehh, the premise of the show is kinda stupid. Those who didnt get to see it, you really didn't miss anything. Dat used his old jokes, but he did earn the most points (each laugh by the audience earns a point). Dat was one of three comeidians. The other comedians really sucked. It wasn't even close. Darva conger and the Joe Millionaire guy were the two contestants and when they answered questions correctly they got to pick a comedian to try to earn points for them. So like joe mililionaire gets a question right, he picks dat, dat gets 9 laguhs, joe milionaire gets 9 points.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

noReason wrote:
ehh, the premise of the show is kinda stupid. Those who didnt get to see it, you really didn't miss anything. Dat used his old jokes, but he did earn the most points (each laugh by the audience earns a point). Dat was one of three comeidians. The other comedians really sucked. It wasn't even close. Darva conger and the Joe Millionaire guy were the two contestants and when they answered questions correctly they got to pick a comedian to try to earn points for them. So like joe mililionaire gets a question right, he picks dat, dat gets 9 laguhs, joe milionaire gets 9 points.

First, Dat was funny. He has scored higher than any other comic that has been on the show.

THe show has 3 parts then a final round.
Part 1: The contestants answer trivia questions. THe winner chooses one of the three comics to do a short routine. Each laugh the comic gets earns 1 point for the contestant. Three trivia questions are asked so that each comic gets a chance. On average, a comic will earn 4-5 points. A good comic earns 6 points. Dat earned 9 POINTS! He did the Viet Nam USA takeover routine.

Part 2: A picture is shown, usually a pretty wierd picture. Each comic announces a caption for that caption. An example would be: the picture above of Eddie..."The Mongolian Air Force tries out its new open cockpit jet." (Eddie, I hope you do not take offense.) ANyway, the contestants select which caption would get the best laugh. Each contestant gets 5 points for selecting the right caption. Two pictures are shown, one at a time. Dat came in second both times.

Part 3: Each comic is given a chance to do more routine. After all three are done, the contestants buzz in to answer questions based on the routines. Dat did a routine about Brady Bunch. One of the comics was named Dan, who was one of 11 kids. Dat has 10 in his family. THe question was, how many are in Dan's family. Joe Millionaire misheard and answered 10. Darva Conger won the round, and the game, so she went on to the final round.

Final Round: A still shot scene from a comedy movie is displayed, but is covered by 12 pieces, which are like sections of a clock. The contestant picks a comedian to do a routine. For each laugh he gets, the contestant chooses a section to reveal. Once the sections are removed, the contestant guesses the name of the movie the scene is from. A normal comedian will gain 4-6 laughs/sections. Dat scored a record 8 LAUGHS. Darva had 70% of the picture revealed, and was able to guess correctly it was, "A Fish Called Wanda." Darva's Charity, "Doctors Without Borders" won a lot of money.

Props to Dat for a job well done. Disses to my stupid VCR for not recording the show! Sorry guys. I tried.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phabulous

i wish i could have watched it...
View user's profileFind all posts by that _guy88Send private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressICQ Number
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

noReason wrote:

Dat and I hung out with Evan Marriot (Joe Millionaire) Thursday at Craig Killborn's show.