Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Electronic Updates
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

I think its about time for a new thread.

Yesterday, I bought a new HP Photosmart 735 digital camera. 3.2mp, 3optical zoom, 5 digital zoom, movie mode with audio.

Now when I got home I decided to read user reviews about my camera. At first I was very disappointed and was thinking of returning it. Than I realized that the reason most of these reviews were lot was because of bad battery life in the camera.

Now because Im an intermediate digital camera user( I taught the people at Blacks a lot about digital cameras the last time I went) I know that these new super cameras will eat up your alkaline batteries like I eat Pho soup. Every single digital camera made with 3mp+ and more than 2 shooting modes will eat your batteries. My new digital camera ate the alkaline in 4 shots.

To solve this problem dont use alkaline. Go for NiMH rechargeables. Pick ones with 2000+ mah. These are like a billion times better than alkaline. They last a whole lot longer saving you money and they can be recharged which... saves you money. Dont be cheap though. For crying out loud you just bought a new 300 dollar digital camera, you can spare 50 dollars for a good rechargable and recharger.

Charlie's How to buy a digital camera tips.

1) You really dont need anymore than 5 MP; When you shoot with a regular camera and print out normal sized pictures, the resolution is the same as 2mp. With 5mp, the shots will be a whole lot clearer, but unless you want to print of some super poster, you really dont need anymore than 3mp. Plus the more resolution you use, the faster the memory will be used up, meaning, you need a new expensive memory card!!

2) Its a digital camera not a damn camcorder; Ive helped my friends pick out digital cameras before and they all look for video and audio mode. What the heck is this, if you want audio and video, get a camcorder. A digital camera is mainly for taking digital PICTURES. The video and audio options are only there as a secondary source for video. Incase there is something happening and you cant run home to get your camcorder, its there.

3) Dont go completely digital; For a few more bucks, get a camera with OPTICAL zoom, digital zoom is almost as good as nothing. With digital zoom, your pictures tend to become more blurry and pixelish.

4) What type of photographer are you?: If you like to take quick tourist type pictures, get a camera with a fast shutter speed(ask your retailer). Faster the shutter speed, the faster the camera takes the picture. If you're like me and like to make everything perfect, you can get a camera with a lower shutter speed for less money, but having fast shutter speed is always good. Here's a way to test how fast the speed is without asking. Hold down the button that takes the picture, if it takes more than 2 seconds to take the picture, it's real slow. 1 second or less is fast.

5) Features are always good: Once again if you're the on the go type of photography and dont have time to configure the modes and options, for less money you can get a camera with fewer modes and options. If you're like me and like to fiddle with the bells and whistles, for a hundred or so more, you can get loads of options. And if I decide to be a on the go photographer for the day... just set everything to automatic.

I sure hope this helps you the next time you buy a digital camera. Maybe Ill post one on buying a computer. I love to share knowlage and hopefully we can exchange, you make yourself a lot more dependable by others with such knowlage.

perhaps when I find it, your tips will help me to use the rather expensive digital camera I bought, and don't know how to use!

lol i made 86 dollars today.

Staples has a %150 lowest price garentee meaning, if you can find a better price on a rather pricy electronic within 14 days, Staples will give you back the difference between the prices PLUS %50 of the difference more.

I bought my digital camera for 249, blacks just had a sale one for 200, so Staples, gave me 50 dollars plus half of 50 more, which is now 75, and plus tax, 86!!!! Wow that was a great deal.

Gina... If you cant operate your digital camera, you can

1)Pawn it
2)Sell it
3)Refund it (if possible)
4)Trade it for my camera which is very simple lol.

i recently bought a digital camera last month. it was a 5.1 MP sony cybershot with a 2.5" LCD monitor.

Delicious Monster

I've had the camera for a couple of years, now, so I can't return it, but I may sell it when I find it, and use the money to buy one that is simple enough for me.

oh yeh, dont buy anything top of the line unless you really really reallyx100 need it. their prices drop like crazy. middle-line products are fairly cheap and they dont go down so fast

few more tips
don't get a digital camera that uses its own custom battery cuz rechargable batters will die eventually , begins when battery doesn't hold charge as long as if it were new. Sides mayb a few years down the road and you wanna take some pics, batteries dead, and the manufacter discontinued that product along with the battery thus if battery dies so does your camera.

another tip is if you want your batteries to last the longest be smart of what you need to use. ie. if its sunny outside turn off flash cuz flash will tear up ur battery and also when taking simple pics turn off the LCD monitor/screen this (i've noticed) will drain the battery the most.

simple tip but usually goes by unnoticed get a good lens when purchasing your camera to get the best from your pictures.

get high rechargeable nimh batteries.

for AA its 23000 maH

for AAA I THINK it's around... 800 maH? not sure on the AAA

Charlie_ wrote:
get high rechargeable nimh batteries.

for AA its 23000 maH

for AAA I THINK it's around... 800 maH? not sure on the AAA

23000 would be amazing but i think u have 1 extra zero there buddy but just as long as u get 1600~1800+ nickel metal hydride(sp?) you shuld be fine cuz high end batteries range from as low as $.50 to $5.00each, best bet, is to get workin recharagables at flea markets but tahts just my opionion.

Charlie_ wrote:
lol i made 86 dollars today.

Staples has a %150 lowest price garentee meaning, if you can find a better price on a rather pricy electronic within 14 days, Staples will give you back the difference between the prices PLUS %50 of the difference more.

I bought my digital camera for 249, blacks just had a sale one for 200, so Staples, gave me 50 dollars plus half of 50 more, which is now 75, and plus tax, 86!!!! Wow that was a great deal.
You are so clever!
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Electronic Updates