Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
Maybe we need Sensei Ern to start espousing his political...
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

McKenzie Nimrod wrote:
rebturtle wrote:
McKenzie,
I did it. Jeez. Should we all scream "fire" and run in circles?

That might be nearly as productive as my debate with Gina
I appreciate your efforts, Reburtle, to keep the forums fresh. That is a tall order lately as the posting average (aside from some of our more post-happy members) has slowed to a pace akin to molasses dripping down the side of an igloo. It seems like the only time there's heavy traffic around here is when there is some type of hot debate or argument.

Heck, even Yoink 78 has all but disappeared, and he used to post nearly 10 times a day. And Silver-lined Lexi has outright vanished.
Oh well, I guess the rate of people jumping on Dat's bandwagon has slowed down a bit.

OK, here's a start.

Freedom of Speech.

This is a freedom written into the Constitution of the United States that guarantees that the government cannot make any laws preventing people from expressing themselves.

This freedom does not give anyone the privilege to force others to listen. Nor, should it require any form of media to give equal time to opposing viewpoints.

The election reforms passed by congress a couple years ago blatantly contradicts this ammendment. This is the bill preventing people from airing commercials against a candidate 60 days prior to an election.

ANother point, or rather a question: Why is it that people who protest and say, "I have the right to speak against (insert conservative premise here). " are often the same people who are happy to limit the freedom of speech of those who oppose them?

An example is one who is pro-choice, demanding to be heard at the Republican Convention, even if it is as a protestor outside. These same people will demand the Justice Department use RICO laws to silence pro-life protestors outside an abortion clinic.

Also, why is it that to many people certain words are acceptable, such as calling white people cracker, and other words are verboten? My opinion is that if you use vulgarity, it shows your lack of intelligence, but I will let you speak it, unless it is on my time.

If I pay to hear a comedian, and all of his jokes are racial, I will ask for my money back. It's not that I want to prevent you from speaking whatever. It is just I want my money back, because your ignorance does not entertain me.

If I go to a concert in Vegas, and you take time to speak against my president....I want my money back.

Anyone see an old Steven Segal movie called, "On Deadly Ground"? It was an OK movie, until the last 15 minutes. That is where Segal begins his diatribe about Alaska. I didn't pay to sit and hear him ramble on. If he wants to invite me for free...hey, I will be generous and listen. But, if he wants me to pay $10 to be called a scum bucket...nah, I'll pass.

OK, that's my first espousal. How am I doing, MN?

Aw, Man! I thought it was going to be a new thread if I put a title to it. Sorry for cluttering. Embarassed
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
The Wonders of Magic Shell

Woah! I thought for a minute I was at CNN.com instead of DPO.com...

...as for my opinion..."no comment" Wink

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

CNN? the Commie Non-News Network? Nah, more like FOX Far-Right, O'Reilly, & Xtremists. Oh, maybe the Dennis Miller SHow on CNBC...Nightly at 9pm EST.

Well, freedom of speech gives you the right to NOT speak, too. Isn't this a great country?

Delicious Monster

I can't think of another country I would rather live in!

Except that country where all the cute single nice sweet boys live...but I think it is "unlisted" on the map... Wink

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

that must be a deserted island somewhere. I would go there, but by now, they're probably all gay. which is good for them and bad for me.

Hmmmm....maybe you are right...but there must be a few there that haven't switched teams.... Razz

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Fan

Seems like this thread belongs in Blah,Blah,Blah. For several reasons.
View user's profileFind all posts by Mr.HilariousSend private messageSend e-mail
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

good point, Mr Hilarious. I will move it.

Ginamonster wrote:
that must be a deserted island somewhere. I would go there, but by now, they're probably all gay. which is good for them and bad for me.

Now that's what I call an "island paradise".

Delicious Monster

except that I just realized, that if it were a "deserted" island, there would not be any men on it, gay or otherwise.

Yeah, I noticed that but decided to look beyond it... your intentions were good.

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phanaholic

Ginamonster wrote:
I will move it.

I thought you were going to move it to the trash bin. Or the extremist forum. That would be a good place for this thread.
View user's profileFind all posts by Buddy HackettSend private messageSend e-mail
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Buddy Hackett wrote:
Ginamonster wrote:
I will move it.

I thought you were going to move it to the trash bin. Or the extremist forum. That would be a good place for this thread.

Whoa. What did I say that was offensive? What comments in my diatribe do you disagree with? And, what is so extreme about believing people should have the right to express themselves?

Just because you don't like me, Buddy, is not a good enough reason to try to encourage the silencing of my opinion.

But, of course you are free to express yourself. But, if you do express yourself, be prepared to defend your expression, or look like a jackbooted word nazi.
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

Buddy, Dear, you are the one who suggested the thread would be better off in Blah Blah blah. Why would I move it to the trash? Most of us know by now that Sensai Ern has strong political thoughts, so by the title of the thread, you should know to stay away if you get offended by his opinions.

Back to political thought...I saw a page in a book today that said:

"You know you are a republican if you fear the IRS"

The next page said:

"You know you are a democrat if you fear the FBI"

I don't know the name of the book...but I found that funny...and TRUE!! hahaha Wink

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

jennyko72 wrote:
Back to political thought...I saw a page in a book today that said:

"You know you are a republican if you fear the IRS"

The next page said:

"You know you are a democrat if you fear the FBI"

I don't know the name of the book...but I found that funny...and TRUE!! hahaha Wink

That Jeff Fowworthy is a funny guy!
The Wonders of Magic Shell

It definitely wsn't a Jeff Foxworthy book...but maybe it was a quote from him? So, Sensei...do you fear the IRS?

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Fear...hmm...no. I despise the fact they refuse to let aomeone who owes $1 to $10,000 to have any slack, but millionaires get forgiven mega bucks all the time.

I despise that they have any control over the individual at all.

Fear, nor, disgust, yes.

Sensei Ern
Sensai Ern Gives some political thought