Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shocking Info on LCS 3
The Internet King
The Internet King

Shocked Here is a link to some some interesting and shocking info on LCS 3:
http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article4606.art&page=1
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

SOmehow I think I heard that yesterday. Good. More TV Face Time for Dat. Bad: what about Jill and Taylor? If Dat is locked in a house for a couple of months...Jill's gonna get lonely. I wish they lived closer.

Gina rocks!

That DOES suck...maybe they can work something out where she can be close by..?

Well Dat may not even be competing. You never know, they might just bring back some of the comics. Think about it. LCS 3 airs on August 28. You'd think that they would've already contacted Dat. Unless he already knows but hasn't announced. And I don't even know if they have to live in a house. This time it might be pure stand-up comedy and only filmed a few hours of the day. And this time everybody will have a say. All of America gets to vote on every episode instead of just an audience in a comedy club which means that the whole show could be live. Well I hope that he can see Jill and Taylor.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

OK, here's the big question...how will we vote if there is a showdown between Dat and Skunk? Shocked
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Man oh man...that would be tough, wouldn't it?

Gina wrote:
Man oh man...that would be tough, wouldn't it?
I've got to be honest. I love John Heffron and all, but I've been a fan of Dat a lot longer and Dat is still number 1 on my list. If it was to come between the 2 of them, I would vote for Dat Phan. Don't get me wrong. John Heffron rules. If a vote was between John Heffron, and a guy that's not Dat Phan, I would definitely vote for John Heffron. I would just vote for Dat Phan before John Heffron and that's the way it is. Dat Phan 4 Ever. Period.
Computer Expert
Computer Expert

senseiern wrote:
OK, here's the big question...how will we vote if there is a showdown between Dat and Skunk? Shocked

Interesting question. But, here's another - how would Dat Phan fan's keep him on the show if the anti-Dat Phan fan's try to vote him off?

It would be a question of numbers. Pretend there's 100 votes. With 10 comics remaining. And 20 votes are against Dat. (Which is roughly me guessing that there is a 4 to 5 sore fan ratio from season 1!) Dat Phan fans would have to join together and vote for one person trying to off-set the 20 votes. Might be tricky.

And, if America votes each week, I really REALLY hope that we get to see a full set of comedy. The abbreviated 3 minute shows aren't that wonderful for impressions. You end up with someone else's view of what was funny from that comedian. And you can sometimes see how the audience is spliced up wrong. Like, the editing is bad, and they are laughing at a different joke when the editing cuts to them. I'd rather see the shows live if possible.

Any one confirm this with some of the Comedian's schedules to see if this format of show is even remotly possible?

The Internet King

9Nails wrote:
senseiern wrote:

Interesting question. But, here's another - how would Dat Phan fan's keep him on the show if the anti-Dat Phan fan's try to vote him off?

It would be a question of numbers. Pretend there's 100 votes. With 10 comics remaining. And 20 votes are against Dat. (Which is roughly me guessing that there is a 4 to 5 sore fan ratio from season 1!) Dat Phan fans would have to join together and vote for one person trying to off-set the 20 votes. Might be tricky.

And, if America votes each week, I really REALLY hope that we get to see a full set of comedy. The abbreviated 3 minute shows aren't that wonderful for impressions. You end up with someone else's view of what was funny from that comedian. And you can sometimes see how the audience is spliced up wrong. Like, the editing is bad, and they are laughing at a different joke when the editing cuts to them. I'd rather see the shows live if possible.

Any one confirm this with some of the Comedian's schedules to see if this format of show is even remotly possible?
Well this website has previously posted some accurate information, but you never know. I just noticed that there is no copyright on the page. This information has been posted by several different sources, but not many sources. For all we know, this information could have been completely made up. Although I think it still could all or by part based on truth. Maybe LCS 3 will be mostly pre-filmed and only live when they announce the results like American Idol? You can never be too sure on what is going on. The best way to be positive is to just wait and see what happens.
Dat Phantastic!

I'll be voting for the Vos.