Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Michael Moore's Propaganda
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Did anyone bother to see this latest audio/visual flatulence? I won't.

I saw the last half-hour of Bowling for Dollars..err...Columbine. I saw his chopjob interview with Heston. He made Heston look like a crotchety old man. He definately took advantage of Heston's Alzhiemer's.

I have considered making the same propaganda piece only substituting word gun with the word car. I could get the same hyped drivel he did.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

I have to admit, I found the film facinating, while keeping in mind that he was trying to make Bush seem as idiotic as possible. There were still some very interesting points made. I don't expect anyone to agree with me on this.

*Sheepishly raises hand* Very Happy

I fully admit that not only do I find it a GREAT documentary, I also thought Clinton was an awesome President.

Throw things at me now, if you must... I won't dare go into my opinion on Bush here...

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Jenny, I haven't thrown things at you...atleast that I can remember, but I do have memory loss.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

But, if you insist...
HEre, catch...
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Of the parts I have seen on the commercials, he is making fun of the fact Bush didn't move right away when told the first plane hit.

First, if Bush had panicked, Moore would have made Bush look like a scared rabbit.

Second, if Bush had suddenly reacted, there would be a room full of scared children. I know this because I teach and have seen it happen. His wife being a librarian, he probably has witnessed this reaction in children.

Instead, President Bush got a grave look on his face, calmly finished the reading and only reacted in a majorly open way when the second plane hit and the Secret Service began rushing him out.

BTW: I live in DC and worked a mile from the Pentagon. Fortunately, I was at a dental appointment that day so I was not near the crash that day. When my wife called me to tell me that a plane hit the WTC, my first thought was, "Oh no, not a drunken pilot."

When the second hit the WTC, my thought was, "Oh, great. Some moronic programmer forgot to put the WTC into the airline guidance systems."

Not until I saw the plane fly overhead and found it hit the Pentagon did I even think it was a deliberate act.

Sensei Ern

Last edited by senseiern on Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Dat Phanaholic

Bush needs to come clean about Halliburton and Enron. But first we should impeach him for helping to fix the election and lying to the American people about WMD's and oil. He is a very bad man. Clinton lied about sex(who hasn't?) but other than that things were prety peachy when he was in office. High employment, phenomenal economy. Now wer're in the lowest period in American life since Nixon's disgraceful exit.
Iraq=Viet Nam 2004+.
Senseiern, you seem like a sensible guy. I think you're a lot better than this cretin. Is it really worth it to you to hitch your wagon to this guy?
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Lester Wong wrote:
Bush needs to come clean about Halliburton and Enron. But first we should impeach him for helping to fix the election and lying to the American people about WMD's and oil. He is a very bad man. Clinton lied about sex(who hasn't?) but other than that things were prety peachy when he was in office. High employment, phenomenal economy. Now wer're in the lowest period in American life since Nixon's disgraceful exit.
Iraq=Viet Nam 2004+.
Senseiern, you seem like a sensible guy. I think you're a lot better than this cretin. Is it really worth it to you to hitch your wagon to this guy?

First, Once Cheney became a vice-presidential candidate, he shed all of his investments in Haliburton, so, any profit Haliburton makes, he sees none of it. Hal is a company designed specifically to go into war-torn areas and do repairs and restore civil functions. (Note: You should see my platform on another posting. I would make it a sixth branch of service similar to the military.) Hal is the best prepared for what is being done over in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Second, everyone in the current adminstration has come clean. Enron was propped up in the 90's by a previous administration. THen, when the books were getting shaky in 2001, they tried to get the same treatment from the Bush administration that they tried to get from the previous...that is, loans to prop them up, get officials to look the other way, hide erroneous record-keeping...but the Bush administration would have none of it. Th

The relationship Bush had with Enron is that they had a private meeting with Enron officials and other officials to discuss how we could avoid a looming energy crisis that was casting a shadow over economic growth.

Third, the election wasn't fixed. We do not elect our president on a simple majority. We use an electoral college to determine our president. Electoral college means each state has a set number of electoral votes that requires a candidate win a majority of them. The number of electoral votes each state gets is based on the total number of senators and representatives each state has. Every state has two senators. However the representatives are based on the total population of the state...that is why it is important to fill out the census so you are counted for determining the number of representatives your state will get.

The electoral college is designed to ensure that our most populated states...California and New York... don't always decide for the whole country who is elected president. I mean look, New Yorkers voted Hillary as senator. But, since it is a true majority for senators, her win came from New York City...practically the rest of the state voted against her.

What happened in Florida is that some people were confused by the design of the ballot. When the ballots were recounted, many were found to be erroneously filled. Once they began to be handled, pieces began to fall, destroying the ballot. This caused ballots become void. THe count became a fraud. The state has procedural laws that determine what to do in case of election fraud. The state election board ignored those rules.

The case was brought to court, and, finally went to the U. S. Supreme Court which decided the judgement for the state of Florida. Their judgement required that the fraudulant election rules of Florida were to determine the winner of the electoral votes. (This is a U. S. Supreme Court that has been no friend to Bush...look at some of its most recent decisions to see that.)

As far as WMDs...CLinton was the first to make the accusations that WMDs existed. He used that to justify spending several million dollars to launch cruise missles into Iraq. THey produced nothing, but probably caused some of the ill will we now see in militants fighting us currently.

All evidence we had indicated Saddam still had WMDs. Beside that, Bush did not put that as his main arguement in going to war in Iraq. It was an additional comment. The main reason we went to war in Iraq is that there was strong evidence that Saddam was aiding terrorists that were planning on harming the U. S.

Yes, we are in a lower economy. We were headed in a downward move economically in 2000. Add to that the energy crisis of 2000. Add to that the destruction of the WTC (one of the nation's biggest centers of economy), and you have a lot of bad stuff we had to deal with.

You may not have been alive during Nixon, but I was. During the early 70's we were enjoying a great economy. Then in 74, right after Nixon's resignation, the OPEC nations decided to play hardball with oil production. It devastated our economy from 76-82. That is a long discussion so I won't say anything else here.

Candidate Clinton was saying that the 1992 economy was the worst its been since the Great Depression(1930's). So then, using algebraic equations that means that the economy of 1992 was worse than 1970's, and that the 1970's was worse than 1992, and today's economy is worse than 1992 because it is worse than the 1970's...You just spoke an uncalculatable impossibility. I lived through all of those, except the Great Depression...which my parents lived through...We have seen nothing like they went through, and the late 1970's were a LOT worse than today.

As far as hitching my wagon. I look at who agrees with more things I hold important, and vote for that person. Bush has done MANY things I do not agree with, but Nader does not agree with me on most things, and Kerry has both agreed and disagreed on a lot of the same things I believe...often both agreed and disagreed on the same issue.

Sensei Ern for President!

Last edited by senseiern on Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Oh, and "I" don't lie about sex. I don't need to. I stay loyal to my wife.

Sensei Ern for President!
The Wonders of Magic Shell

Confused Hey!! Clinton's my man... back off! I'd rather have a president who lied about sex than lied about oil...but I won't go there...

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Hey! Don't be throwing things this way! I have to keep moving to avoid those rocks!

DUCK!!!!!!!!! Wink

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Isn't that what Bill said to Monica?
The Wonders of Magic Shell

Um, no, but I feel I shouldn't repeat what Bill said to Monica here...

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Oh, yeah. But, it RHYMES with DUCK.

I was so going for kneel there...

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Re: Michael Moore's Propaganda
Dat Fan

senseiern wrote:
Did anyone bother to see this latest audio/visual flatulence? I won't.

I saw the last half-hour of Bowling for Dollars..err...Columbine. I saw his chopjob interview with Heston. He made Heston look like a crotchety old man. He definately took advantage of Heston's Alzhiemer's.

I have considered making the same propaganda piece only substituting word gun with the word car. I could get the same hyped drivel he did.

Sensei Ern

You usually display some common sense around here Sensei Ern but judging two films based on seeing 1/2 hour of ONE of them is pretty ridiculous.
See Farenheit 9/11. It's a great movie and a real eye opener.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

I actually considered seeing it...for about 5 seconds, until the reviews web page loaded. Nah, I think I will watch Spiderman 2.

i wanted to see the 9/11 movie, but its R, oh well, i don't care for Bush and i already hate him, so i don't need a reason to throw things at the screen in a soda hyped rage.

senseiern wrote:
I actually considered seeing it...for about 5 seconds, until the reviews web page loaded. Nah, I think I will watch Spiderman 2.

i think I heard that when moore landed in DC i think, somebody went him a pile of cow manuer and left a sign on it saying "One pile of bull!#@$ deserves another", do you have anything to do with this?