Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ronald Reagan
Dat Fan

I'd like to bring to everyone's attention that our former president of the United States, Ronald Reagan, Died this Saturday, June 5, 2004, at 1:09 PM PST. (This was the president I was born under, so it is a little shocking to know he has passed away) If anyone has anything they like to share about Reagan, (memories of him, etc.), you can do so here.

~Levia~~

wow...

Well, I for one am glad he is dead. Not because I don't like him (which I don't), but because I understand there is physical pain in the later stages of Alzheimers. As much as I don't like him, I don't like to see people suffering. And he wasn't even the same person that was president. He became a helpless being by the end. However, his death is nothing I am going to lose sleep over.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Unlike the above message. I am sad he is gone from us.

Whether you liked him as a person or not, you must admit he was a political genius. He got tax breaks for everyone...by the way, I don't care if the rich got tax breaks, too, as long as I got one...and he did it with a congress who hated him.

He is portrayed as bringing us to the brink of war with the Soviet Union, but in reality, he began the first steps that made the Soviet Union a free cdemocratic government. He was directly responsible for the tearing down of the Berlin Wall. He restored a pride in America that had been nearly destroyed under the previous administrations...yes, plural...Johnson, Nixon, Ford and Carter all caused this country to doubt it place in the world and history.

When President Reagan first took office, I was among his nay sayers...and, liek many niave children, I was glad he was shot. I hoped for his death.

Then, as I matured, and prior to my high school graduation in 1984, I began to evaluate my life and my political positions changed. I began to value pre-born human life. I saw personal responsibility as something that would propel me to success, rather than finding excuses outside myself for my lot in life. I began to value the possibilities of financial freedom by bettering myself rather than relying on an uncertain federal agency.

My mother has Alz. My Grandmother died from Alz. I see the first signs of in creeping into my life.

While I am glad my grandmother's suffering is ended and I look forward to seeing her in heaven, I do miss her. And, I do miss my mother, too, even though she is here. Despite the suffering, you do not want your loved on to die. I feel for the family and close friends of President Reagan.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phantastic!

yeah i was kid during his time but what ive learn he did a whole lot more than the bushes.

Did you know Reagan was the oldest living former president? He was 93 when he died...I'm sure many of our new presidents will live much longer though, with all these new technological inventions and stuff.

Gina rocks!

bigPhan wrote:
Well, I for one am glad he is dead.

No matter what your reasoning is, the statement alone shows no class.

Why does it show no class. He hasn't been the same person for a while and he was suffering. I didn't say it because I hate him or anything. If he wasn't suffering a disease or something, than I wouldn't be happy (I don't want to use happy, but I can't think of a better word) that he died.
Dat Fan

The phrase could have been put forth "i, for one, am glad he's no longer suffering."

the "i, for one, am glad he is dead" has a cold feel to it that smacks of insult.

Well, then just look at it like that. I couldn't think of the right words at the time, will you forgive me?
Dat Fan

I really could care less on other people's opinions on anything, but it does offend some people. Keep in mind other people's feelings before you post

Gina rocks!

Leviathan Mist wrote:
Did you know Reagan was the oldest living former president?

I didn't know that...that's interesting!

93 thats a long time

I loved the movie he did with that monkey, Bedtime For Bonzo. He was a very underrated actor. And I'm not talking about the chimpanzee
View user's profileFind all posts by Disco DelvechioSend private messageSend e-mail
Ronald Reagan