Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
leno...
Dat Fan

uhoh.. few mins in and everything is a repeat.. not good.
View user's profileFind all posts by pheemaylSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Dat Fan

eeep!!

everything was a repeat!!

i cannot believe that!!
View user's profileFind all posts by pheemaylSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Dat Fan

Its kool, dats gonna be big. who cares if it was a reapeat. He probably has a lot of more whopper up his sleeve. so who gives a whopper. as long as he doesn't keep reapeatin 2 often. CONGRATS 2 DA VIETNAMEZE HOMEEE!!

no.. dat cant be too great if he repeats everything.. does he realize that he is on tv and people watch him a lot? even the audience seem to laugh *that much*.. they probably heard it all before too.

it seems already he *is* repeating too often.
Dat Fan

well, its kinda bad to repeat, but have some faith in the guy. hes already came so far. its not like he kan't go farther.

Delicious Monster

Most comedians only have one act. If they are any good, they are able to tailor that act to thier audience. I no longer go to see comedy in San Diego because i have seen the act of almost every comedian that has come out of this place in the last 7 years. Someday, if Dat has writers, you will see new material all the time. but is takes a very long time to develop a single joke. The fact that he wrote 30 to 60 minutes of great stuff in only 7 years is impressive and really demonstrates Dat's drive.
View user's profileFind all posts by GinamonsterSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Dat Fan

well this is how i look at it..

i voted for dat because i thought he was funny. even though he did repeat himself, i figured it was because he was pulling out his biggest thing for the votting audience to stay in the competition.

tonight's leno is pretty much for more exposure. he already has exposure doing these jokes and repeating himself is only going to make his popularity go south.

hopefully he will get (or bring out) some new material soon before he does become more disliked.
Computer Expert
Computer Expert

Pheemayl, if you really sit and think about it, it makes perfect sense.

Would you go in front of hundreds of people with no idea what you're going to say? You'll have the first sentence down, but after that, it's all hit and miss. "Hi folks, I'm pheemayl and I'm from Anytown USA. Ummmmm........ I have an '85 Suzuki Samurai, and it I had to wait for a hurricane in '98 before I was able to go fast enough to get a speeding ticket! In the hospital zone! Ummmmmm.... I once dated a girl..."

But develop and act. (Like any performer will.) And do people's favorite jokes for them. That's Dat's personality. You can't take that from him. Or he would just become Ralphie May. I'd rather see Dat be himself than someone else. Its black and white. You'll like it or not. Don't bend others to fit your needs.

Like Buddy Hacket said to Dat, "just be yourself kid."

yes.. his jokes are really truely funny, but nobody likes a broken record. maybe its just because he is newish to the scene and hopefully will develope more jokes with time.
Dat Fan

You guys must be hopelessly in love with him for not seeing this coming, or maybe you just took Eddie too seriously when he said "You only saw part of his act on tv, don't judge him by that"
Miss Extraordinare
Miss Extraordinare

pheemayl wrote:
yes.. his jokes are really truely funny, but nobody likes a broken record. maybe its just because he is newish to the scene and hopefully will develope more jokes with time.

all i say is this: GIVE HIM some time.

The only comics most people see are the ones on tv, and those comics have teams of people writing thier jokes, at all times. With Dat he had only himself to come up with his jokes, and I think he did pretty well, he was able to create a pretty tight set. The thing is he has been on LCS the last couple of months which would not be the easiest place to create new material and test it out on an unbiased audience.

Anyways he threw in one joke that I'm pretty sure he hadn't used in LCS.

they were all of his signature jokes...leave him be...just let the man have some fun ok? Confused

(i think the rolly head and the beatnik glasses faces are interresting)
View user's profileFind all posts by that _guy88Send private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressICQ Number
Dat Fan

Phil wrote:
Anyways he threw in one joke that I'm pretty sure he hadn't used in LCS.

Yea, he threw in the Shamu joke, not the best way to get rid of racial stereotypes if you ask me..
Dat Fan

9Nails wrote:
But develop and act. (Like any performer will.) And do people's favorite jokes for them. That's Dat's personality. You can't take that from him. Or he would just become Ralphie May. I'd rather see Dat be himself than someone else. Its black and white. You'll like it or not. Don't bend others to fit your needs.

Wow, you managed to work some Ralphie bashing into the general Forum. I hope by "Or he would just become Ralphie May" you mean he would learn to improvise.
Dat Fan Newbie

I don't really think that Ralphie could fit in this room lol !!!!
Miss Extraordinare
Miss Extraordinare

lol. . . that's a good one.

What a sexy smiley you used. . . Wink

Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

repeat or not dat phan can make anything funny.
Re: dat phan still funny.
Miss Extraordinare
Miss Extraordinare

cHoPsTiX wrote:
repeat or not dat phan can make anything funny.

amen.

his enthusiasm and energy pours into the crowd watching him. You can't help but like him.